March 18, 2013

Daddy Cool


Dear Johnny,

You are almost 11 months and you are changing fast.  The latest thing, aside of your completely new sleeping schedule, and the fact that you are walking  - walking! - on your own all over the place, is that you now play favorites.

I spent the entire weekend trying to cope with your odd attitude.  You looked at me as if you see me for the fist time, or something.  Kind of hostile almost.  Whenever I reached to hold you or to kiss you, you would turn away and hide in your Daddy's chest.  You tricky little hobbit, you!  Exhibiting character, much?  You bet you are.  You are almost a toddler, and I can't even get used to the idea.  You can reach the door knobs, and you can practically feed yourself, and you make your own games, and it's getting harder and harder for Shelby to escape you. It's a good thing that you are so likable, Johnny.  Otherwise I might have felt rather overwhelmed.

I think soon it'll be time to start potty training.  Because honestly, if you are such a big boy, you don't need me to change your diapers.  I am so looking forward to this, my baby.  And to you talking coherently.  I can't wait.

P.S.  I understand very well why you cling to your Daddy so desperately.  He is cool, and he is fun, and he's not trying to discipline you like I do.  That's granted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment