April 12, 2013

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

~Dorothy Parker


Dear Johnny,

A bored boy is a cranky boy, so I took you for a walk and we went to get you some new, age appropriate toys.  You like new experiences, and it seems that you are most happy out in the open, or at home, occupied with an elaborate game - no space is too wide for you, no puzzle too complex.  

At 11 and a half months, you point at things and call them by the names you think they have (usually "gaba", "mbe-be", or "tada" - you still refuse to say "bebe" and "mama" although you know how); you imitate what Mommy and Daddy do; you try to snap your fingers; you dance; you bring me toys as offerings, and you bring me books to read to you; and you can run so confidently all over the house, fearless, open-eyed, smiling.

My favorite thing you do lately, however, is your habit of giving me kisses.  Your kisses melt me down to a puddle of love, Johnny.  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment